Re: Backquotes in quotes in backquotes (Was: Success (mostly) with the t

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Backquotes in quotes in backquotes (Was: Success (mostly) with the testsuite)
Date: 30 Nov 2000 14:28:08 +0100

>>>>> "Daniele" == Daniele Arena <address@hidden> writes:

Daniele> Hi Akim, Beware! These are two different machines and
Daniele> OSs. The gzipped file I sent you is for Solaris8/SPARC, while
Daniele> the plaintext test 80 is the *only* failed test for BSDI3.1
Daniele> . Please tell me if you want me to send you the full error
Daniele> file for BSDI3.1 .

That was clear :)

Daniele> As for the Solaris8 tests, I will try to rerun them. Maybe I
Daniele> did something wrong which blew all up?

I don't think so.  But I had the strange impression that some stuff
has be executed concurrently, and it should not have.  But frankly,
that's impossible, although it was the most ``likely'' explanation for
many of the bizarre results.

Daniele> And well, the output of "(exit 1); echo $?" on any machine I
Daniele> tried the tests on is what you expect, i.e. 1 (God helps if
Daniele> it wasn't the case!:)

I can't understand where the exit 255 is coming from.  Since it's
>127, it seems to mean a signal caused the exit, but I still don't
understand anything.  I'll need a lot of help from you :(

Daniele> Allez, salut

:)

Ciao!