Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:32:38 +0100

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 04:19:24PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
: >>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:
: Lars> No, you got the idea, except *_IF() isn't good since it's a
: Lars> predicate that "evaluates" to true or false, not a macro that
: Lars> has IF and IF-NOT arguments to run depending on a test...
:
: I'm not sure what sense you'd give to true and false in our case...

In the return-status- and usable-with-if-and-while-sense.

: Lars> In lisp/scheme, you name predicates e.g. "is-integer?" or just
: Lars> "integer?".  The C convention is for Guile to use names like
: Lars> SCM_INTEGER_P(value) where _P means it is a predicate.  I don't
: Lars> think _P is something we should use,
:
: That's what I would have chosen :)

OK, I'm game, I just figured we'd meet some resistance trying to
introduce a scheme like that.  However, I don't care to argue more
for the verbose naming scheme (second time it's rejected :), and
adding _P doesn't make much sense for macros with names like
AC_TEST_X, etc.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'