Re: FHS

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: FHS
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 21:29:20 +0100

Es schrieb "Richard B. Kreckel":

> Now four years into FHS-2.0, can we consider this a bug?  Or is FHS buggy?

Didn't we had a lengthy talk about it lately? Well, actually, I wrote a
little macro that saves me the burden to place all the if/then/else
computations into a configure script again and again - I tried to
squeeze a reasonable systematic approach out of the FHS, and so far it
served me quite well. Just place this ac-macro into your project and
see for yourself. Have fun, Guido

http://ac-archive.SF.net/guidod/ac_set_default_paths_system.html

(note: the first idea came from _dllsystem support but then I noticed
 all the little differences about /usr/local /usr and /opt installations).