Re: FHS

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: Re: FHS
Date: 05 Jan 2002 12:36:30 -0800

Guido Draheim <address@hidden> writes:

> Didn't we had a lengthy talk about it lately?

So since I'm the main directories for the GNU Coding Standards, I've
sent a note to RMS requesting that he alter the coding standards to
change the placement of infodir and mandir to put them under datadir.

I'm sure he won't object, but until the change is made, autoconf
should remain as is.  Are there other FHS-related problems to address
at the same time, besides these two?

Once the change is made, autoconf should make sure that all GNU
maintainers are apprised of the change so that they can make sure
their next release adapts accordingly.

Thomas