Re: FHS

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: FHS
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 08:31:46 -0800

"Thomas Bushnell, BSG" wrote:

> Harlan Stenn <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > > The changes here for the GNU Coding Standards (which I'm proposing,
> > > and RMS has now agreed to) will not add any new paths, it will simply
> > > change some that currently exist.

> Eventually.  Packages do not spring into compliance instantaneously.

If what is happening is that currently named destination directories
are given new FHS-blessed destinations, my sincerest hope would be that
packages would not need to change at all.  It would be an auto???? tool +
installer (sysadmin) issue that I get to stay out of.

AutoConf should support very convenient mechanisms to handle whatever
layout makes sysadmins happy.  --with-gnu-layout or --with-fhs-layout
would be good.  Maybe better:  --with-layout-file=/path/to/layout/file ?

--

Bruce Korb <first initial + last name at gnu dot org>
AutoGen URL: http://autogen.sourceforge.net