Re: nit about ./config.status

From: Peter Eisentraut
Subject: Re: nit about ./config.status
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:31:32 -0500 (EST)

Simon Josefsson writes:

> If I'm on the same machine and if the package had proper make
> rules to regenerate Makefile etc when needed, yes, but I often
> find myself compiling the same package on different platforms at
> the same time and I usually wants to use the same configure
> params.  Hence my use of 'less config.status' and cut'n'paste.  As
> I said, not a major issue. :-)

You could use 'head config.log' for this purpose, which gives you
something like:

"""
[...]
It was created by GNU Autoconf configure 2.52g, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.52g.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --prefix=/home/peter/gnu/
[...]
"""

I find the dollar sign confusing, because it wasn't really part of the
command line, nor does autoconf actually know what kind of shell prompt
there was when the command was run.

--
Peter Eisentraut   address@hidden