Re: AC_DIVERSION_INIT and autoconf 2.52

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: AC_DIVERSION_INIT and autoconf 2.52
Date: 23 Jan 2002 17:28:06 -0700

>> The rule in autoconf always was that if it wasn't documented in the
>> manual, then it was private.

Thomas> ( Is that written in the manual? - nope -  ;-)

I don't remember it being there.  The manual had other minor bugs too.

In fact I did have to occasionally look at the source to figure things
out.  But I never assumed that that meant my resulting hacks would be
handled compatibly in the future.  It's hard for me to understand how
anyone could reach that conclusion -- which is how this thread
started.

Tom