Re: Autoconf 2.52g is released

From: Bil Kleb
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.52g is released
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:21:48 -0500

Akim Demaille wrote:

> This is also a call for people ready to:
>
> - improve the documentation

Speaking of which, I tried a "make pdf" in the doc directory
on my i686 Linux box and it failed with:

texi2dvi --pdf --batch ./autoconf.texi
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417 (Web2C 7.3.3.1)

[..]

 [2] [-1] [-2] Chapter 1
! Undefined control sequence.
@xrefX ...name .pdf} address@hidden@else @pdfannotlink
                                                  attr{/Border [0 0 0]}goto ...
l.515 on.  @xref{The GNU build system}
                                      , for more information.
Cross reference values unknown; you must run TeX again.
! Undefined control sequence.
@xrefX ...name .pdf} address@hidden@else @pdfannotlink
                                                  attr{/Border [0 0 0]}goto ...
l.518 ...ograms (@pxref{Preprocessor Symbol Index}
                                                  ).
! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (address@hidden)
has be
en already used, duplicate ignored!

[..]

  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file not finished!
Transcript written on autoconf.log.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdftex exited with bad status, quitting.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: see autoconf.log for errors.
make: *** [autoconf.pdf] Error 1

--
Bil