Re: What is going on with releases, mailing lists?

From: Akim Demaille
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:59:17 +0100

 > What I see is that half of traffic is spam and that neither Autoconf 2.58
 > nor Autoconf 2.59 have been announced there.  However, the Autoconf 2.58
 > announcement is in the autoconf-maintainers archives.

2.58 was not announced because it has a problem that affects Automake.
I never announced it, and I am somewhat unhappy that Debian has
already shipped it.  All this mess results from the now asynchronous
process to upload files on ftp.gnu.org.  Had it been synchronous,
there would have been no 2.58 out there.