Re: What is going on with releases, mailing lists?

From: Ben Pfaff
Date: 12 Nov 2003 08:55:24 -0800

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> 2.58 was not announced because it has a problem that affects Automake.
> I never announced it, and I am somewhat unhappy that Debian has
> already shipped it.  All this mess results from the now asynchronous
> process to upload files on ftp.gnu.org.  Had it been synchronous,
> there would have been no 2.58 out there.

So at what point do you consider a product ready to ship?  There
was an announcement on the autotools-announce list and it
appeared on ftp.gnu.org.  At that point I figured it was ready to
go, so I packaged it and uploaded.
--
<address@hidden> <address@hidden> <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
 Stanford Ph.D. Candidate - MSU Alumnus - Debian Maintainer - GNU Developer