RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: autoconf in pure MSVC environment?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:08:48 -0400

On  7-Sep-2004, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

| I love it when open source guys throw the 'volunteering' word around.
| It's very macho, like volunteerism is the only determinant of project
| success.

At the start of his message, Bruce Korb also wrote

| > Please explain to me carefully why I should put a lot of effort into
| > generating undocumented .sln files for a platform that I do not use,
| > when there is nobody paying me to do so?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So in addition to volunteering to do the work yourself, perhaps you
could convince someone who is competent to become interested in your
problem if you paid them to work on it.  As it is, you come across as
someone who wants others to solve your problems for you for free.

Also, you might have a little more success actually getting help from
the "UNIXen" if you spent a little less time telling them how much
they suck and how their software "pollutes" your pristine Windows
system.

jwe

--
www.octave.org | www.che.wisc.edu/~jwe | Peace would shock and awe me.