Re: cvs-version - how to build it?

From: Helmut Jarausch
Subject: Re: cvs-version - how to build it?
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 19:09:15 +0100 (CET)

On  4 Dec, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> would somebody be please to kind to tell a poor newbie how to
>> bootstrap the cvs-version of autoconf.
>>
>> I haven't found any bootstrap script.
>
> It is called './configure'.
>

> I will guess that something appears to be wrong with the way you did a
> cvs checkout of the autoconf sources.  How did you get them?  The

That's probably the case
I did (just once again)
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/webcvs/autoconf co autoconf

which did not contain any file 'configure'

> following page documents how to get the sources by CVS.
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=autoconf
>
> The following command is documented there.
>
>   CVS_RSH=ssh cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/autoconf co autoconf

Thanks, now I see the configure file, as well.
I'd like to suggest to disable access to
ext:address@hidden:/webcvs/autoconf

Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch