Re: Fwd: Re: [Mingw-users] Autoconf MSYS_PREFIX_HACK

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Mingw-users] Autoconf MSYS_PREFIX_HACK
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:03:32 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Keith Marshall wrote:

Below is a message I posted earlier today, on the MinGW-users list at
SourceForge.

The topic relates to getting autoconf generated configure scripts to provide
an appropriate default ${prefix} value, for native Win32 builds of autoconf
managed packages, when using MSYS/MinGW as the build environment.

Dealing with Windows paths from the unixish environment is a real problem. For my package, I use a home-brewed shell script which obtains the actual Windows path based on the Cygwin/MinGW mount and applies the desired amount of backslash escaping to survive any remaining configure script processing.

The problem is not specific to the installation prefix.

I have attached the script for reference.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn