Filesystem issues ?

From: Kristis Makris
Subject: Filesystem issues ?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:39:54 -0700

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem I can't quite figure out. When I
run ./configure in a development project running a 2.4.29-smp kernel
(also tried with 2.4.27-smp). I get:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
sed: file ./confstatemxfBJ/subs-5.sed line 34: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating Rules.make
sed: file ./confstatemxfBJ/subs-5.sed line 34: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating config/config_options.h
sed: file ./confstatemxfBJ/subs-5.sed line 34: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating scripts/dynreplace.sh

When I run it again running a 2.4.20-31.9 RedHat kernel I don't get this
problems and ./configure curns as expected, building files from their
respective .ins. I don't see anything in the kernel logs (dmesg,
syslog, /var/log/messages). Has anyone reported something similar
before ? Could this be a filesystem/bad kernel issue ?