Re: Filesystem issues ?

From: Kristis Makris
Subject: Re: Filesystem issues ?
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:11:54 -0700

> You are using Autoconf-2.13, which is ancient.  Many problem have been
> fixed since.  Could you try 2.59?  Or at least 2.53 which is even
> shipped with Debian woody.  Likely unrelated to your issue though.

I installed 2.59, thanks.

> Anyway, your issue is here: quoting config.status:
> | address@hidden@%2.39207e+09
> | 2.39207e+09%g
>
> Somehow, during the configure run, $DEVEL_WORKSTATION_SPEED_HZ gets
> assigned the value
>   2.39207e+09<NEWLINE>2.39207e+09
>
> instead of
>   2.39207e+09

Thank you! I'd be swell if the error message:

config.status: creating Makefile
sed: file ./confstatLjvKgu/subs-5.sed line 41: Unterminated `s' command
config.status: creating Rules.make

was somehow a little more informative, in terms of reporting the line in
the original configure.in where the invalid variable value was possibly
set. So I wouldn't have to harass you folks.

> so I'd guess your way of setting this value is unsafe and/or kernel
> dependent.

It seems to be a bug in the way I'm parsing the CPU speed
from /proc/cpuinfo. The RedHat kernel I mentioned before was MP. The
problem happens with SMP, since there are two lines in the output
of /proc/cpuinfo that report the processor speed.

Thanks again.