Re: Filesystem issues ?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Filesystem issues ?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:26:29 +0100

Hi Kristis,

* Kristis Makris wrote on Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 06:37:40PM CET:

> > > When I run it again running a 2.4.20-31.9 RedHat kernel I don't get this
>
> After frustration kicked in, I reset this machine with Debian 3.0. I'm
> running a 2.4.18-686-smp  kernel is provided by the respective Debian
> package. I'm still observing this problem though.

You are using Autoconf-2.13, which is ancient.  Many problem have been
fixed since.  Could you try 2.59?  Or at least 2.53 which is even
shipped with Debian woody.  Likely unrelated to your issue though.

Anyway, your issue is here: quoting config.status:
| address@hidden@%2.39207e+09
| 2.39207e+09%g

Somehow, during the configure run, $DEVEL_WORKSTATION_SPEED_HZ gets
assigned the value
  2.39207e+09<NEWLINE>2.39207e+09

instead of
  2.39207e+09

so I'd guess your way of setting this value is unsafe and/or kernel
dependent.

By the way, CVS Autoconf will allow multiline substitutions, so when
that's out, you'd see the error exposed probably at the `make' stage,
and in some weird way.

> I've attached config.log and config.status. This is a personal research
> project.

Maybe you can post only the part that sets above variable, if you're
still unsure about how to fix it.