Re: beginner problem in Solaris

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: beginner problem in Solaris
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:31:07 +0200

On Jul 19, 2007, at 8:20 PM, Jason Curl wrote:
Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

I can confirm that the problem should be in the "false cru ..." line
because all the above stuff gets done. On Linux and on HP-UX I read the
word "ar" instead of "false" on that line ?!?

I should also add that the Solaris machine was installed yesterday by me
and possibly I forgot to install something ??! :(

Make sure that the /usr/ccs/bin directory exists and is in your shell's search path. If this directory does not exist or is empty, then you need to install a Solaris package.
Well, he's already got GCC, so he should at least have 'gar' and 'gmake' like I have on my Solaris 10 box. I guess AR='gar' ./ configure or similar should also work, or posted in a previous mail he just needed to set the path.

As a side note, it is recommended to use `./configure AR=gar' instead because this way `configure' will actually remember that `AR=gar' and subsequent invocations of `configure' by `config.status' will preserve this argument.

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory