Autoconf using qmake

From: Yvan Barthélemy
Subject: Autoconf using qmake
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 02:04:03 +0100

Hi,

So, I opted for the most robust way I found. Finally, I just use my macro to find qmake, then I let qmake doing the whole job (that is, creating the make file). For this, I've created the following Makefile.am (nearly the same as in automake docs) :

qt-project.pro:
        $(QT_QMAKE) -project -o $@

Makefile.qmake: qt-project.pro
        $(QT_QMAKE) -makefile -o Makefile.qmake qt-project.pro

all-local: Makefile.qmake
        $(MAKE) -f Makefile.qmake $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) all

check-local: Makefile.qmake
        $(MAKE) -f Makefile.qmake $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) test

clean-local: Makefile.qmake
        $(MAKE) -f Makefile.qmake $(AM_MAKEFLAGS) clean
        rm -f qt-project.pro Makefile.qmake

It works rather well. But with one major drawback, Makefile.qmake builds my app in the top subproject directory. What should I do, in order to have it in the bin directory instead ?

Thanks for your interest,
Yvan

PS: I will maybe try to seek in Qt mkspecs directory, then parse (lazy parse?) the relevant files in order to correctly set builder and linker flags, but I have unfortunately no time to do this yet (I think it should be robust, to do it that way).