Re: Which variable expands to /var?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Which variable expands to /var?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:13:24 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, Jules Colding wrote:

Wouldn't the world be a better place if the GNU Coding Standards
respected the FHS?

Packages which install files outside of prefix without me telling them to do so are quite offensive to me. It is really bad if they overwrite part of my operating system or put files in places which might not be properly handled with the next OS upgrade or when copying files to a new system.

There are quite a few systems other than Linux in the world.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn