Re: Which variable expands to /var?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Which variable expands to /var?
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 14:07:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Eric Blake wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.  I withdraw my support for a --with-fhs option;
instead, I'm adding this to the manual:

It seems to me that the documentation should include a warning that OS distributions should not provide a default config.site file with this content or else users will accidentally overwrite formally packaged tools.

Bob

2008-02-08  Eric Blake  <address@hidden>

        Describe a config.site that can be used for FHS compliance.
        * doc/autoconf.texi (Site Defaults): Fix typo.  Add new example
        for FHS.
        * THANKS: Update.
        Reported by Jules Colding and Ralf Wildenhues.

Should the manual also offer a link to this URL?
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

- --

Eric Blake             address@hidden

Bob Friesenhahn