Re: detecting windows

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: detecting windows
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:08:53 +0000

On 03/02/12 10:20, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Thanks for the answers, Vincent and Peter!
>
>> You do as you do with whatever else you are requiring.  Check if
>> #include <windows.h> is there, and check if you can link with some
>> API of your choice.  [...]
>
> I would have expected something like this as a ready-to-run macro in
> the autoconf-macro archive, but surprisingly there is nothing as far
> as I can see.

There are some MINGW_AC... macros, which we sort of maintain informally
via the mingw-users ML.  To check for windows, I normally check for GCC
defining _WIN32, (which it always does when compiling for the native
platform, whether 32-bit or 64-bit).

I'll dig out the MINGW_AC... "standard" macro I use, and post it later.

--
Regards,
Keith.