Re: 79-lang-compile.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 79-lang-compile.patch
Date: 10 Apr 2001 15:09:20 -0600

Tom> But do we really want objects with public attributes?  It seems
Tom> to me that we'd probably rather have objects with public methods
Tom> and private attributes.

Akim> Nevertheless, in the present case, these are not exactly
Akim> attributes, which _are_ hidden.

BTW, one thing I'm getting at here is that if we have special cases on
the language, then these special cases should be made into methods on
the language object.  Sometimes this might not be worth doing (when a
piece of code needs cross-language knowledge), but often times it
will.

Tom