Re: dynamic dist?

From: Tyler MacDonald
Subject: Re: dynamic dist?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:53:55 -0700

Tyler MacDonald <address@hidden> wrote:
> I want to do something like this:
>
> noinst_DATA = `cat Net-BitTorrent-LibBTT/MANIFEST`
>
> Of course, that doesn't work, I end up with "No rule to make target ``cat'"
> when I invoke "make".
>
> Is there an existing convention for pulling in a list of dist files from
> somewhere else?

        OK, I poked around in the imagemagick source and found a little
piece of code that was doing something similar. I've reworked it to read
from a MANIFEST file:

dist-hook:
        (sed -e "s,^,Net-BitTorrent-LibBTT/," -e "s,\s.*$$,," < \
                Net-BitTorrent-LibBTT/MANIFEST) | \
                cpio -pdum $(distdir)

        Is this portable (enough)? I'm thinking of turning it into a general
automake macro so you can just do something like:

dist_MANIFESTS = foo/MANIFEST bar/MANIFEST

        Cheers,
                Tyler