Re: pre and post install targets

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: pre and post install targets
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:09:26 +0200

* Jose-Marcio wrote on Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 05:27:00PM CEST:

> In fact, the real reason, for me, to have another target, is to reuse
> some configuration values defined during "configure" run, such as
> prefix, all dirs (sysconfdir, datadir, sbindir, ... ). Maybe it could be
> interesting to create some kind of "config.vars" file, which could be
> invoked by another user defined script to setup all variables.
>       . config.vars
>
> But this is more related to autoconf than to automake.

If you mean that all settings should propagate from config.vars to
configure, then config.vars (or a script that sources it) should just
call
  ./configure --prefix=... --sysconfdir=...

If OTOH you mean that all settings should propagate from configure to
config.vars, then you can list config.vars in AC_CONFIG_FILES and create
a file config.vars.in with contents
  prefix='@prefix@'
  datarootdir='@datarootdir@'

Hope that helps.