Re: custom install paths

From: Wesley Smith
Subject: Re: custom install paths
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:29:07 +0200

> Surely not given that you're generating the module by compiling code.
> /usr/lib/lua/5.1, perhaps?

Actually you're right.  Egg on my face.  I looked into how other
packages like Lua Socket do it  They put symlinks in /usr/lib/lua/5.1
to the actual compiled libs in /usr/lib.

Here are the Lua Socket install locations:

/usr/lib/liblua5.1-mime.so.2
/usr/lib/liblua5.1-mime.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/liblua5.1-socket.so.2
/usr/lib/liblua5.1-socket.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/liblua5.1-unix.so.2
/usr/lib/liblua5.1-unix.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/lua/5.1/mime/core.so
/usr/lib/lua/5.1/socket/core.so
/usr/lib/lua/5.1/socket/unix.so
/usr/share/doc/liblua5.1-socket2/README
/usr/share/doc/liblua5.1-socket2/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/liblua5.1-socket2/copyright
/usr/share/lua/5.1/ltn12.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/mime.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/socket.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/socket/ftp.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/socket/http.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/socket/smtp.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/socket/tp.lua
/usr/share/lua/5.1/socket/url.lua

/usr/lib/liblua5.1-mime.so.2
/usr/lib/liblua5.1-mime.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/lua/5.1/mime/core.so

core.so is a symlink to the above libs in /usr/lib.  Hmm..   Thanks
for the info about the install paths.  I just have one more follow up
then.  How do you install the "versioned" .so.2 .so.2.0.0 etc. libs in
one location and the main one, core.so, in another location?

wes