Re: debbugs, and a FAQ, for Autotools

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: debbugs, and a FAQ, for Autotools
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 20:10:05 +0100

Hello everyone,

* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 07:12:02PM CET:
> 2) Autotools should have a FAQ document.

I've done a brain dump now, here's a rough initial version:
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/faq/autotools-faq.html and
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/faq/autotools-faq.texi
(the former is generated from the latter via the Makefile).
It is all incomplete, buggy, partly ugly, probably missing
gnulib and gettext references in places, and everything, but
I would like something to point users to now.  Should all be
reformulated nicely eventually ...

I'd be happy about feedback, help, anything.  For now there
are several more questions than answers, and there are
certainly many more questions that you can think of, so
please write them.

I don't actually care about the license, as long as we can
move text between FAQ and manuals without too much hassle.

Thanks,