Re: Automake 1.11.2b test release

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Automake 1.11.2b test release
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:16:57 +0100

On 01/27/2012 03:18 PM, Peter Rosin wrote:
> Stefano Lattarini skrev 2012-01-26 16:17:
>> Hi Peter.

>>> Looks as usual on MinGW with cl, with only lzma.test failing as reported
>>> previously (can be avoided with XZ_DEFAULTS=--memlimit=150MiB in the
>>> environment, but I forgot about that).
>>>
>> That's good news!
>>
>> BTW, I can now report that the testsuite passes also on a Cygwin 1.5.25
>> system (unfortunately, most Texinfo tests are skipped there, since TeX
>> is not installed on the system).
>
> And here's from Cygwin "1.7.10s(0.259/5/3) 20120123" (latest snapshot, with
> release candidate "quality", 1.7.10 is coming RSN, as they say).
>
> lzma.test fails for the same reason as above in MinGW,

Maybe it would be nice to start working around this before the release,
by exporting "XZ_DEFAULTS=--memlimit=150MiB" in the environment?  If yes,
extra points to whoever beats me at doing so ;-)

> and transform2.test is an old known failure.

Has this already been reported in details and/or analysed?

> JFTR, my TeX install has been corrected with a tiny
> patch (that has been mentioned previously on the Automake lists).

And I seem to recall you had reported the issue upstream to the Cygwin
list as well ...  Hasn't it been fixed yet?

Anyway, all in all, these test results are good IMHO.  Thanks again Peter
for your invaluable help.

Regards,
  Stefano