Re: [avr-chat] fuse broke my AVRISP?

From: Bjarne Laursen
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] fuse broke my AVRISP?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:29:09 +0200

gecko gecko wrote:

I ticked the last box in the Tools>program AVR>connect>Fuses tab in the hope of debugging my software, this didn't work, but now neither does my new AVRISP. I tried unticking this and reticking the the "int osc; 1MHz startup 6CK + 64ms" that was origionaly ticked but what ever I try to program I get a "Problems ocured when executing comands" error. What can I do to fix this problem? I have never used fuses (i've only had a programmer for 2 days!) and I'm not sure what I have done.

The oscillator need to run, to be able to program the AVR. If you switch to at osc type that you don't have, you will not be able to change it back. I think applying an extrernal clock at the clock-in on the avr should work in all cases. If you don't have a generator for that you could try to build the oscillator: Connecting an external crystal or an RC-circuit, depending on what you set the fuses to.

Then of cause, you'll be able to switch back the fuses to internal oscillator if that is what you need.

-Bjarne Laursen, RoseTechnology A/S