[avr-chat] Newbie fuse selection..attempt 2

From: gecko gecko
Subject: [avr-chat] Newbie fuse selection..attempt 2
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 03:10:24 -0500

I am trying to run an Atmel8535 off of a 16MHz crystal (and recomended caps) but have found out it is only running from an internal source - my scope shows no oscillations from the Xtal.

After previously disabling a chip, I have sought advice and have been told the fuse settings to use. Although I'm not sure yet how this relates to the data sheets advice, despite people trying to tell me, it is the programmed and unprogrammed remarks that are throwing me off. Could someone please confirm than in AVR Studio4 I should tick the three relevant boxes, despite the (prog) remarks here...

CKSEL3..0 = 1111 (unprogrammed)

CKOPT = 0 (programmed)

SUT1.0 = 11 (unprogrammed)

Thanks People