RE: [avr-chat] Newbie fuse selection..attempt 2

From: Ben Mann
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Newbie fuse selection..attempt 2
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:55:55 +0800

Tick CKOPT, you need this for oscillators > 8MHz or no oscillations will be
seen.
Tick one of the "Ext Crystal/Resonator High Freq" options such as the last
one (CKSEL=1111 SUT=11).
Ben

I am trying to run an Atmel8535 off of a 16MHz crystal (and recomended caps)
but have found out it is only running from an internal source - my scope
shows no oscillations from the Xtal.
After previously disabling a chip, I have sought advice and have been told
the fuse settings to use. Although I'm not sure yet how this relates to the
data sheets advice, despite people trying to tell me, it is the programmed
and unprogrammed remarks that are throwing me off. Could someone please
confirm than in AVR Studio4 I should tick the three relevant boxes, despite
the (prog) remarks here...
CKSEL3..0 = 1111 (unprogrammed)

CKOPT = 0 (programmed)

SUT1.0 = 11 (unprogrammed)