Re: [avr-chat] Crystals (was ATmega32 @ 16MHz : fuse bits ??)

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Crystals (was ATmega32 @ 16MHz : fuse bits ??)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 05:54:03 -0500

On Saturday 12 November 2005 01:19 am, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 10:46 -0500, Graham Davies wrote:
> > I hope this helps.  I don't think most people will have to worry much
> > about crystals.  I doubt that Vincent's problem was crystal selection or
> > the wrong load capacitors.
>
> That's annoying... because if my fuse bits are correct, and it's not the
> crystals or capacitors, then I can't see what it could be, and therefire
> have little hope to get it working :-/

To recover a part with fuse problems try feeding it a external oscillator.
I keep one of those 8-pin-canned-oscillators at 1 MHz around for just such
occasions.  You can get the fuses in a state where the crystal oscillator will
not work on some parts.

--
                          http://www.softwaresafety.net/
 http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/