Re: [avr-chat] Accident with the Fuse Bits :(

From: TODD BATZLER
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Accident with the Fuse Bits :(
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:48:26 -0500

I'm assuming it's SMT and can't be put in a parallel programmer....

I've heard tell that parts have been 'recovered' by driving the input
with an external clock source in order to modify the fuse bits.
At least it sounds like the connection is available by removing the
xtal.  Good luck.

>>> "Carson Ka Shun Au" <address@hidden> 4/12/2006 6:57 AM >>>
Being the tool that I am, I accidentally set the Fuse Bits - CLKSEL of my
ATMega32 to 0000 (which is External Clock) instead of 1111 (External
Crystal).

Is there a simple way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.