Re: [avr-chat] Another problem - this time with I2C

From: Matthew MacClary
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Another problem - this time with I2C
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:25:55 -0700

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 08:23:06AM -0700, John Altstadt wrote:
> I solved it by:
> - at startup, configure the I2C clock line as a regular output port
> - toggle the clock line several times to flush the slave device
> - configure the I2C port correctly

    We had a system once that initially was supposed to have 2 AVRs
talking I2C to each other. We tried everything we could think of
including tricks like the one above with some success. But the devices
would always eventually lock up under real operating
conditions. Needless to say, we had to move away from I2C and after
many other revisions are running RS422.

    I have used an AVR to talk I2C to a dedicated slave device without
the problems, we have been discussing.

-Matt