[avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: James A. R. Koehler
Subject: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:40:02 -0700

My two cents worth; I'd really like to see a GUI for handling avrdude.

I'm an avrdude user who uses it very infrequently because I work with other
micros as well as the AVR series.  avrdude is a great program and I greatly
appreciate the work of the maintainers who do an admirable job of keeping it
up to date.  I also have no problem with the command line and, since the
avrdude manual is very clear and well written, I have never had any
difficulty in using avrdude.

But ...  my memory is REALLY bad and re-acquainting myself with avrdude's
syntax is just another chore I have to do when using an AVR micro every six
months or year or so.  That time isn't entirely wasted but I begrudge
spending it when I'm in the middle of something else.  This is especially so
when the project is just a simple one and involves programming a micro just a
few times.  Then the time spent in re-reading the avrdude manual becomes a
greater fraction of the  whole effort.

        Jim Koehler, Comox, BC