[avr-chat] GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: [avr-chat] GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 17:55:27 +0200

I am passing some quiet vacation afternoons, dreaming. Has a GUI wrapper for avrdude already been considered? - i.e. replacing painful command line input for some frequently made avrdude calls by a frontend that allows selecting what you want to do in a nice graphical user interface? Am I the only one who would like to have such a tool?

I consider to profit from experience that I have gained with developing various tools and to make something correspondant that facilitates the use of avrdude under *nix. That would be a tcl/tk based (probably no need for expect) quick-and-dirty approach to obtain a tool that allows to use avrdude without having to remember and type lengthy command-line input (eg. menus to select the part, the port and the programmer, buttons for downloading to flash and eeprom, display and modification of CPU configuration registers)- far from a clone of what you get when you use avrdude under windows, but nevertheless something much more easy to handle than "naked" avrdude on *nix.

Juergen