Re: [avr-chat] GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:48:47 -0400

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:59:01 -0400, Eric Weddington <address@hidden> wrote:

Here's one idea: Java.

IT here thinks it is a security risk and won't install it, etc.

Take a look at http://www.wxwidgets.org/ it will run on all of the
platforms that avrdude runs on now, plus more.

I use it in house a lot for projects, and doing a avrdude GUI
has been on my ToDo list for a long time.  I need to make
a version that is backward compatible with PonyProg scripts.

Alas the boss always find something else to do with my time.

I realize that that's just one idea. I'm certainly open to other ideas.

If you want to try out wxWidgets download the DialogBlocks Developer Pack demo
at http://www.anthemion.co.uk/dialogblocks/ .

Demo version limits you to 30 items, but to get the feel for the
framework that is more than enough.  You can hand code everything
if you wish, it is simply that this IDE gets you up to speed
quicker.  The wxWidgets concept of 'sizers' takes a bit of getting
use to, which is why this is NOT a Drang&Drop IDE.

There are Windows, FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris ports.

For full disclosure my name is in the wxBook that you can
find the link to at my site http://www.designer-iii.com/ but
I don't receive any compensation from the book sales,
or anything wxWidgets related.

Also there was a 'avrfuse' project someplace, can't find the
link right now, that was written for the .net/mono framework.