Re: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Re: GUI wrapper for avrdude
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:58:27 -0400

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:46:27 -0400, Eric Weddington <address@hidden> wrote:

If they're in a single file, then a user could easily distribute the single ELF file (with an invocation of the avrdude command line) to a manufacturer for automatic programming, no error-prone GUI manipulation required.

I'm sure we have had this conversation before.  The high volume
programming house only deal in the standard .HEX or S9 type files.
They are not going to do anything with avrdude directly.

While working though some of the Big Name distributors,
to get our chips programmed they would only accept the fuse
settings via Paper.  How Low Tech can you get?

Trivia Question: What non-volatile memory type will work at over 400'F,
without any kind of price premium?  Scroll down for answer.

Paper Tape. :-)