Re: [avr-chat] proper voodoo caps for ATmega168 (28-pin DIP)

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] proper voodoo caps for ATmega168 (28-pin DIP)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:05:21 -0400

[Replying to the list this time, sorry about the direct reply David.]

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM, David VanHorn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Joe Strout <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Stupid newbie question time...

I don't believe there is such a thing, tho there are non-productive
answers to such questions.

> Well, It does sound to me like you need to learn about proper supply
> bypassing.

What he may have really been asking is can you load Avref with to
large of a capacitor.  I believe the answer to that is 'yes'.
Anything much beyond 1uF or so probably is not useful.

A good place for him to start would be here:

http://www.planetanalog.com/showArticle.jhtml;?articleID=207602816

"A bypass-capacitor dialogue peels back the layers, Part 1

The low-glamour but extremely vital subject of bypass capacitors and
decoupling gets additional investigation through a basic dialogue"

Also follow the links at the end.

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
http://www.softwaresafety.net/