Re: [avr-chat] Schematics & PCB design software

From: Peter LaDow
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Schematics & PCB design software
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:12:37 -0800

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Anton Erasmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Kicad supports the http://www.freerouting.net/ autorouter as well as
> the Electra and Specctra (Cadence) autorouters.
> The completion rate and speed of Electra and Specctra are about 3 orders
> of magnitude better than any of the other PCB autorouters I have seen.

Ah!  Thanks for the link to freerouting.  I've been using Eagle, and
have been seriously considering the switch to Kicad or gEDA because of
the board size and layer limitations.  I've routed all my boards by
hand, and it is time consuming and gets frustrating at times.  And
having an autorouter available for free tools has me wanting to
re-evaluate the Kicad/gEDA world.

Thanks,
Pete
"To love for the sake of being loved is human;  to love for the sake
of loving is Angelic."  -- Alphonse de Lamartine