[avr-chat] Loop for DUDE command

From: Yuriy Vlasenko
Subject: [avr-chat] Loop for DUDE command
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 10:24:23 +0200

Hello everybody!

1) I cannot find in AVRDUDE documentation anything about the subject. What do I want? To send an SPI string (e.g. AC 53 00 00) repeatedly, accomplied by appropriate RESET pulse - and do it in (ethernal or limited) loop. It would allow analyzing the response of the target MCU.

2) Can anybody explain what are the possibilities fo AVRDUDE to slow down its SPI commands? As far as I know they are:
-B bitclock
-i delay
sck period (in terminal mode)
The 1-st is for JTAG, the 2-nd and 3-rd I cannot see (no effect, it seems).
When working with STK500v2 I am able to send direct command
stk500 -dATmega48 -I50k
before invoking AVRDUDE. But with Bitbang programming device I have to slowdown AVRDUDE. How?

3) If DUDE cannot send commands in loop, who can? Do you know the program that can send user's byte strings to a Bitbang programmator?

Thanks!