Re: [avr-chat] Loop for DUDE command

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Loop for DUDE command
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 20:42:08 +0100 (MET)

Yuriy Vlasenko <address@hidden> wrote:

> To send an SPI string (e.g. AC 53 00 00) repeatedly, accomplied
> by appropriate RESET pulse - and do it in (ethernal or limited) loop.

The code is already present, but limited to some amount of looping (20
or 50 times, offhand I'm not sure).  So it should be easy to extend
that for your purpose.

> 2) Can anybody explain what are the possibilities fo AVRDUDE to slow down
> its SPI commands? As far as I know they are:
> *-B* *bitclock*
> * -i delay*

Yes, these they are.  The first one is for "intelligent" programmers
like STK500 or JTAG ICE where the clock is adjusted by the firmware.
The second one is for "bitbang" programmers, to introduce an
additional delay.

The naming of the options is terrible, I agree.

> *sck* period (in terminal mode)

That's essentially the same as the -B option.

Note that STK500 and AVRISP (or JTAG ICE in ISP mode) remember the
last sck/-B setting (in their EEPROM) , while the JTAG ICE in JTAG mode
doesn't.