[avr-chat] Automated access for document revision queries?

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: [avr-chat] Automated access for document revision queries?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:19:57 +0000

I have an open source project that must be maintained for a lot of
different chips. Now, i work on this project on an irregular basis.
So sometimes couple for some weeks i work on it, and then it is
on hold for months. I find that it is quite cumbersome to check
everytime if documents have been updated in the meantime.

So my question is: "Is there a way to automatically check the
last revision date of a particular document (without downloading
the whole document)?" All docs are numbered so it is quite easy
to automatically replace any document i have already downloaded,
but i only want to do this when needed. (Of course i could replace
them all every day, but that is not the royal way i guess).

Ruud.