Re: [avr-chat] my USBasp programmer does not work but the one from ebay

Subject: Re: [avr-chat] my USBasp programmer does not work but the one from ebay is working
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 19:33:25 +0200

Really interesting! So, there is a relationship between my problem and the
length/number of wires.
I have a fixed length of all my wires: about 8cm (this value corresponds to
half of my breadboard width).
The advantage of this length is that I can reach components that are far and
components that are near (so it is more reusable).

That is a big constraint to work at 12 Mhz if it requires to have a limited
length/number of wires.
I will try to reduce the number of wires and if it does not work, I will not
have the choice: I will create shorter wires (specific for this circuit, so
less reusable).

I have just successfully done a circuit using a lot of useless wires here:
http://yugiohjcj.free.fr/elec-vusb-led-1.jpg
http://yugiohjcj.free.fr/elec-vusb-led-2.jpg
It is an USB connected breadboard that is controlled by a program on the
computer [1, 2].
I can switch on or switch off the LED.
In this case, I have no problem... Do you know why I have problems with the
USBasp project and not with this one?

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA15vqa0Rk8
[2] http://www.wzona.info/2012/10/usb-duomenu-perdavimas-atmega.html