avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] 802.11b on avr

From: Sander Pool
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] 802.11b on avr
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 16:51:03 -0700

OK, reason is two fold (for at least one vendor then):

- they want to protect their IP. Giving out driver source means the
competition gets it to. This is very competitive and every little hack that
makes their drivers better is an advantage.

- no perceived need to come up with a solution that would protect their IP
yet would allow application in arbitrary OSes. They can hardly keep up with
demand in the proprietary space (ie. Windows).

  Sander