[Axiom-developer] Re: dependency visualization with VCG

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: dependency visualization with VCG
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:31:51 +0200

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the late reply. My real life is interfering with my hacking
activities. ;-)

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> The Axiom dependency graph that I tried to use with xvcg has
> over 1040 nodes and more than 17,000 edges (dependencies).

I'm currently trying with a smaller graph (just dependencies between
spad file generated by your script).

> Do you have any ideas about the size of graphs that can be
> successfully manipulated with VCG? Do you have any suggestions
> on where to go from here? Do you think of any way to segment
> the Axiom dependency graph into smaller more managable
> sub-graphs?

Sorry, I have no answer to all of your questions. I'm just a occasional
VCG user.

By the way, I think your script would be a good candidate for literate
programming. The conciseness of Perl makes some parts of your script
quite obscure. :)

In fact, the most missing part is an example that would explain what the
code is doing.

In your perl script, how have you handle the case of macros?

Yours,
d.
--
 address@hidden