Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom tutorial by Bill

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom tutorial by Bill
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 12:38:24 +0100 (CET)

> TeXmacs is not giving you the full control over the TeX code,

Of course not: it is not a TeX front-end. But TeX is *VERY CLEARLY*
an *OUTDATED* format for computer algebra, since it has *NO SEMANTICS*
and not even a *RELIABLE PARSER*.

> which I dislike personally and which I even hate beeing an editor!
> We had lots of problems with Scientifiy Workplace produced TeX

I never tried Scientific Workplace, because I hate proprietary software.
So please do not compare things which have nothing to do.

> and I had personally problem with TeXmacs produced TeX code,
> which is rather complicated.

When? Examples? I bet that the produced code will often be
better than what you write by hand.