[Axiom-developer] Re: TeXmacs / AXIOM under SuSE 8.0

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: TeXmacs / AXIOM under SuSE 8.0
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:35:27 +0100

Hello Joris,

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

> I know, but as I noticed in some previous emails, the LaTeX line-breaking
> code is quite heavily bugged. I would very much prefer to have the same
> patch without the additional line-breaking code.

Ok. Currently, the line-breaking algorithm is used for two things: (1)
the line-breaking itself and (2) the rewriting of \root into \sqrt.

Bill, do you think you could disable the line-breaking algorithm while
keeping the rewriting of \root? Could you send me such a tm_axiom.c? If
not possible, I'll start from tm_axiom.c 1.0.1 which does not include
this line-breaking code and submit a new release to Joris.

> Also, if I remember well (see my previous emails), the new version
> does not work with the NAG version of Axiom.

The most recent release of tm_Axiom should work with both free and NAG
Axiom. The axiom binary has been renamed into AXIOMsys for this purpose.

Yours,
d.
--
David MENTRE <address@hidden> -- http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/