[Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz]

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:29:57 -0400

Camm,

> This is great!!  Congratulations!  At some point we might even be able
> to get color postscript :-).
>
> I'm getting ready to put out another Debian package.  There are a few
> very minor outstanding issues:
>
> 1) All non-elf/non-script files in mnt/linux must not be executable
>    according to Debian policy.  I have an ever-shrinking list which I
>    chmod -x explicitly at present.

which files?

> 2) Hardlinks notangle.1 nountangle.1 must be symlinks according to
>    Debian policy.

ok. i'll change this.

> 3) I'm adding the Rosetta .tex file and its corresponding .dvi per a
>    user request.

i'll add it to the makefile.

> 4) I'm adding the axiom tutorial found elsewhere on the web to satisfy
>    a user request.

which one? i'll add it to the distrib.

> 5) There are a variety of files which have standard places on a Debian
>    system which have yet to be moved there and linked to their
>    location in the axiom tree under /usr/lib.  E.g. docs go under
>    /usr/share/doc, manpages under /usr/share/man

if you can be precise about these perhaps i can write a
configure --prefix, etc. i failed writing the configure
files a couple weeks ago but i'll have another go at it.

> 6) I'd like to include the output of dvipdfm on the book.dvi.  I'm
>    also wondering if the documentation can be readily converted into
>    info and/or html format by existing tools.

that's fine. i haven't figured out a reliable, portable way to get
the pdf, ps, etc. i suppose if i learned to write a configure file
i could look for dvi2ps, etc.

> 7) As earlier stated, this next package will have an AXIOMsys symlink
>    in /usr/bin.

that's also fine.