Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz]
Date: 22 Apr 2004 14:40:55 -0400

Greetings!

Along these lines, I'd just like to note that the 01/30 axiom snapshot
has just entered Debian testing.  Had to hand compile on alpha to get
around a libc6.1 bug which apparently will not be fixed soon.

As earlier stated, I'd like to get another snapshot in before the
Debian 'sarge' release is finalized.  Toward this end, I think the
axiom package needs splitting, at the very least due to the Debian
policy requirements that arch-dependent (e.g. .o files) and
arch-independent (e.g. source files and docs) data needs to be
separated.

As I know there are quite a few Debian axiom users here, I thought I'd
solicit opinions on a binary package structure.  Perhaps at least
axiom, axiom-doc and  axiom-source.

Take care,