Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: 404 http://axiom.tenkan.org/axiom.20040321.tgz]
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:53:44 +0200

Hello,

> > Also new in this version you'll find the current book.dvi in
> > mnt/linux/doc/book.dvi
>
> This is great!!  Congratulations!  At some point we might even be able to
> get color postscript :-).

I suppose you mean just "get color" ? Why "get color postscript" ?

> 6) I'd like to include the output of dvipdfm on the book.dvi.  I'm
>    also wondering if the documentation can be readily converted into
>    info and/or html format by existing tools.

into info, probably no, because the latex to texinfo converter is table
driven, so as soon as you use a personal command or a command defined in
a latex package, it is ignored (unless you add a translation in the
table)

into html, probably yes, provided one uses TeX4ht, because it is  not
table driven (contrary to all other tex to html converters) but uses TeX
itself as preprocessor, so that, in theory, personal definitions and
definitions of LaTeX packages are automatically understood (in practice
some tuning may be necessary)

Best wishes,
Michel

Camm Maguire                                            address@hidden >